[AMBER] Simulation stops during NPT

From: Sunita Patel <sunita.patel.cbs.ac.in>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 15:48:09 +0530

Dear Amber users,

I am still facing the problem during NPT equilibration. Around 5500 steps,
the simulation is stopping without any error. I checked it 3 to 4 times.
For test purpose, I ran NVT with force constant 10 (200 ps) and then with
1 (200 ps) and then without restraint for 1 ns. During the long
unrestrain NVT, the job ran smoothly. As soon as I started NPT, the job
halted. For a totally different system also the simulation halted during
NPT but not during NVT.

Since there is no error message I am not able to figure out where is the
problem.

Your suggestion will be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Sunita

NPT command:
sander.MPI -O -i eq_npt.in -o eq_npt.out -p GSC_D26G_solion.prmtop -c
eq_nvt_norst.rst -r eq_npt.rst -x eq_npt.mdcrd -inf eq_npt.info

Pls have a look on my pr_npt.in file.
============pr_npt.in=============
Equilibration NPT without restraints 200ps
 &cntrl
  imin = 0, irest = 1, ntx = 5,
  ntb = 2, pres0 = 1.0, ntp = 1,
  taup = 2.0,