Re: [AMBER] counter ions in TI calculations

From: Josh Berryman <the.real.josh.berryman.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 08:45:58 +0100

HI Sarah, Sander and pmemd implement the same forcefields, so in simulation
time the convergence should be the same. In wall time pmemd is usually
faster, and pmemd.cuda is much faster.

>>/is there another way to neutralize a protein system?
For most charged sidechains there are alternate parameter sets (variant
residue types that you can name in your initial pdb file) which have
different protonation states. You could pick a few charges on the surface
of the protein and switch them to the neutral versions, and that might even
be physically correct for a solution of some given pH.

Josh