Re: [AMBER] PTRAJ (clustering)-Segmentation fault

From: Thomas Cheatham <tec3.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 20:11:10 +0000

Let's see, AMBER 12 was from 2012 and it is 2019 and I personally (nor has anyone else I think) modified or tested the PTRAJ code since about that time (or potentially 2013), well it is tested maybe, but not developed so much.

I would look at CPPTRAJ either from AmberTools (the current version) or hit the GitHub page for CPPTRAJ at:

https://github.com/Amber-MD/cpptraj

Otherwise, if you are trying to use a special feature of the ptraj clustering that is no longer supported that may require some time to figure out (and we would need all the inputs,etc to debug).

Oh wait/snap - I actually see the problem -- you are trying to allocate ~172 GB of RAM and are likely blowing memory on your machine noting if you are clustering that many frames with a pairwise comparison it will take a long time. Use the sieve options, like sieve 10 or sieve 25 and it should work...

--tec3