Re: [AMBER] Cataline

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 08:52:25 -0400

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019, Gustaf Olsson wrote:

>Yes, it is time to upgrade the OS on my Macs ....

Thanks for pointing out to users that OSX 10.15 (Catalina) is an
unusally disruptive update for lots of software. In particular, Amber
is not yet supported there. (Lots of other things, like 32-bit
binaries) also will no longer work. Other things got moved around, and
(I gather) the default shell is now zsh rather than bash.

>In file included from src/_rdparm.cpp:17:
>/amber18/AmberTools/src/parmed/src/readparm.h:5:10: fatal error:
> 'locale' file not found
>#include <locale>

Do you have a /usr/include/locale.h? As with OSX 10.14, it may be
necessary to load a header package to get headers where they are often
expected to be.

Disclaimer: I've not yet had time (and a spare machine) to try this
upgrade, so I'm just making guesses here.

....dac