Re: [AMBER] Calculate MMGBSA keeping water in binding site

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 14:06:05 -0400

we have a few papers looking at performance of GB vs explicit water for
salt bridges (see below). I don't recall testing igb=2, but the others tend
to overestimate strength, especially with mbondi2. We recommend mbondi3
along with igb=8, see the Nguyen et al paper below for analysis.
carlos

Improved Generalized Born Solvent Model Parameters for Protein Simulations
Nguyen, H., Roe, D. R., Simmerling, C., Journal of Chemical Theory and
Computation, 2013, 9 (4), 2020-2034
DOI: 10.1021/ct3010485
PMCID: PMC4361090

Improving the description of salt bridge strength and geometry in a
Generalized Born model
Shang, Y., Nguyen, H., Wickstrom, L., Okur, A. and Simmerling, C., Journal
of Molecular Graphics and Modelling., 2011, 29, 676-684
DOI: 10.1016/j.jmgm.2010.11.013
PMCID: PMC3390179

Evaluation of salt bridge structure and energetics in peptides using
explicit, implicit and hybrid solvation models
Okur, A., Wickstrom, L. and Simmerling, C.
Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation, 2008, 4 (3), 488-498
DOI: 10.1021/ct7002308

Investigation of salt bridge stability in a Generalized Born solvent model
Geney, R., Layten, M., Gomperts, R., Hornak, V. and Simmerling, C.
Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation, 2006 , 2 (1), 115-127
DOI: 10.1021/ct050183l