Re: [AMBER] Question about ff14SB and parameter files

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2019 21:09:20 -0400

No, this does not happen at the parameter level. It's done inside the code,
based on flags in the prmtop that say whether a given 1-4 pair (defined
from the torsion list) should be scaled. The actual parameters in the
prmtop are not scaled. The scaling factor is discussed in the original
Cornell et al ff94 paper that set the values used by most current amber
protein force fields.