Re: [AMBER] Thermodynamic integration

From: Sadaf Rani <sadafrani6.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 16:06:17 +0100

Dear Amber
I am also looking for the same.
I have a ligand for my protein for which I want to calculate absolute
binding energy; in which I want the ligand to disappear completely at the
start and then appear with all vander waals and electrostatic interactions.
 As per my understanding(I may be wrong in it), I should set up my ligand
in solution and complex in solution as per the following input:-
Minimization:-
 &cntrl
   imin = 1, ntmin = 2,
   maxcyc = 1000,
   ntpr = 200, ntwe = 200,
   ntb = 1,
   ntr = 1, restraint_wt = 5.00,
   restraintmask='!:WAT & !.H=',

   icfe = 1, ifsc = 1, clambda = 0.0, scalpha = 0.5, scbeta = 12.0,
   logdvdl = 0,
   timask1=':1', scmask1=':1',
   timask2='', scmask2='',
 /
 &ewald
 /

Heating:-
&cntrl
   imin = 0, nstlim = 10000, irest = 0, ntx = 1, dt = 0.002,
   nmropt = 1,
   ntt = 1, temp0 = 300.0, tempi = 5.0, tautp = 1.0,
   ntb = 1,
   ntc = 2, ntf = 1,
   ioutfm = 1, iwrap = 1,
   ntwe = 1000, ntwx = 1000, ntpr = 1000, ntwr = 5000,

   ntr = 1, restraint_wt = 5.00,
   restraintmask='!:WAT & !.H=',

   icfe = 1, ifsc = 1, clambda = 0.5, scalpha = 0.5, scbeta = 12.0,
   logdvdl = 0,
   timask1=':1', scmask1=':1',
   timask2='', scmask2='',
 /
 &ewald
 /

 &wt
   type='TEMP0',
   istep1 = 0, istep2 = 8000,
   value1 = 5.0, value2 = 300.0
 /

 &wt type = 'END'
 /

Pressurizing:-
 &cntrl
   imin = 0, nstlim = 10000, irest = 1, ntx = 5, dt = 0.002,
   ntt = 1, temp0 = 300.0, tautp = 1.0,
   ntp = 1, pres0 = 1.0, taup = 2.0,
   ntb = 2,
   ntc = 2, ntf = 1,
   ioutfm = 1, iwrap = 1,
   ntwe = 1000, ntwx = 1000, ntpr = 1000, ntwr = 5000,

   ntr = 1, restraint_wt = 5.00,
   restraintmask='!:WAT & !.H=',

   icfe = 1, ifsc = 1, clambda = 0.5, scalpha = 0.5, scbeta = 12.0,
   logdvdl = 0,
   timask1=':1', scmask1=':1',
   timask2='', scmask2='',
 /
 &ewald
 /
What next? How to set input for absolute free energy calculations in order
to disappear ligand and slowly appear with increase in lambda?

Looking for your kind suggestions, please.

Thank you