Re: [AMBER] How to incorporate new lipid molecules through packmol-memgen

From: Chetna Tyagi <cheta231.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 13:33:30 +0200

Dear Stephan,

Thank you for your answer, I am on it. I had another question, actually a
problem. When I run Packmol-memgen (AmberTools18), I get the error message
"Memembed not found".
Till now I used to circumvent this problem by pre-orienting using Memembed
available in the AmberTools18.

But I need to make a system with peptide in the water solution and not
embedded in the transmembrane region. I run Memembed (separately) with
N-terminus "out" option. But then the packmol still packs it in the
transmembrane region.

Could you please advice how to solve this problem? I want to study
peptide-insertion into membranes.

Thank you,
Chetna Tyagi

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 10:44 AM Stephan Schott <schottve.hhu.de> wrote:

> Hi Chetna,
> To add lipids to packmol-memgen you need to include a line with packing
> params to the memgen.parm file (which should be located in the python lib
> folder, inside of the installation folder if you used miniconda), a pdb
> file that is representative of the lipid to be packed, and of course, the
> force field parameters once you pass the file to LEaP. That said, those
> lipids are on the works for the release of AmberTools20, together with some
> new functionalities.
> Hope it helps,
>
> El vie., 27 sept. 2019 a las 18:23, Chetna Tyagi (<cheta231.gmail.com>)
> escribió:
>
> > Hello AMBER users,
> >
> > Is there a way to incorporate new lipid types through packmol-memgen
> using
> > AmberTools18?
> > For example, ergosterol and cardiolipins.
> >
> > Or a way to modify cholesterol into ergosterol? Any ideas?
> >
> > Thank you.
> > Chetna

> Stephan Schott Verdugo
> Biochemist