[AMBER] Packmol and Amber

From: emanuele falbo <falbo.emanuele.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 14:33:12 +0100

Dear all,

I managed to create an file.xyz with multiple of my molecules by using
packmol.
Afterwards, I do convert the file.xyz into a file.mol2 and generate the
topology and coordinates with tleap.

*source leaprc.water.tip3pparam = loadamberparams frcmod.h4li8 # ad-hoc
parameter for my molecule*

*guest = loadmol2 file.mol2 *

*listcheck guest#addIons2 guest LI 0solvateBox guest TIP3PBOX 12.0
saveamberparm guest out.prmtop out.rst7quit*

However, when running a dynamics sander gives me the following error:

*Error: Bad topology file. Sum of ATOMS_PER_MOLECULE does not equal NATOM*

So, I have reason to believe that the number of molecules under the
ATOMS_PER_MOLECULE" doesn't give the total nr. of atoms in the system,
however, I do not know what could make this happen, and eventually how to
fix it.

Do you have any useful suggestions of what I am doing wrong? Any help would
be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Manuele

--