Re: [AMBER] many failures on "make test"

From: David Mathog <mathog.caltech.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 13:57:17 -0700

On 2019-09-23 13:47, Hai Nguyen wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 4:19 PM David Mathog <mathog.caltech.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Greetings.
>>
>> Just installed AmberTools which ended up in a directory amber18. We
>> do
>> not at this time have a license for Amber 18. Did this:
>>

>> TOPDIR=/usr/common/modules/el7/x86_64/software/amber/19-CentOS-vanilla
>> mkdir -p $TOPDIR
>> export PATH=/opt/ompi401/bin:$PATH #or it cannot figure out which
>> mpi, fails in fftw
>> ./configure --python-install local -mpi --with-python
>> /usr/bin/python
>> --prefix $TOPDIR gnu
>>

> Please try again without the `--prefix` option. It might not setup
> properly
> for testing cpptraj.

Is it possible to install to the --prefix directory after running the
test?

Also, I tried in a rebuild earlier to get it to see the netcdf installed
on CentOS. (Because the first error was netcdf related, and I thought
that might be the problem.) It wants
the netcdf.mod file, which is here:

   /usr/lib64/gfortran/modules/netcdf.mod

The only way I could get this to configure was by

   #as root
   ln -s /usr/lib64/gfortran/modules/netcdf.mod /usr/include/netcdf.mod

then

   TOPDIR=/usr/common/modules/el7/x86_64/software/amber/19-CentOS-vanilla
   export PATH=/opt/ompi401/bin:$PATH #or it cannot figure out which
mpi, fails in fftw s
   ./configure --python-install local -mpi \
      --with-python /usr/bin/python --prefix $TOPDIR \
      --with-netcdf /usr gnu

all the other attempts constructed odd paths for the fortran test
program which sees if netcdf is present. Is there a way to do that
which does not require adding that link? The problem is that the build
seems to expect a particular netcdf directory structure, and it can
either find
the mod file, or the headers and libraries, but not both!

Thanks,

David Mathog
mathog.caltech.edu