Re: [AMBER] Error: an illegal memory access was encountered launching kernel kClearForces cudaFree GpuBuffer::Deallocate failed an illegal memory access was encountered

From: David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 12:40:26 +0000

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019, 石娜 wrote:

> I am able to perform normal calculation for the same files some time ago,
> (I also calculated other files, which could perform normal calculation), but
> this time I ran into a problem (only for this one).

> Error: an illegal memory access was encountered launching kernel
> kClearForces
>
> cudaFree GpuBuffer::Deallocate failed an illegal memory access was
> encountered

This report does not provide enough information for us to be of any
help. (It basically just says "an error occurred").

It's worth (a) re-running the calculation on a different machine, if
possible, to see if you always get the same problem; (b) examining the
output to see if there are any clues, such as bad or unusual energies,
that help help; (c) running a short version of the simulation on the
CPU, since error messages on CPU's are often more helpful than those on
GPUs.

....good luck....dac