Re: [AMBER] Error installing Amber on Centos 7

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 15:18:56 -0400

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019, Juan Etchart wrote:

>I'm having the following issues with amber installation on my Centos 7
>The error message that throws me is:
>

>*Checking NetCDF...Using bundled NetCDF library. *
>*Starting NetCDF build. Configuring NetCDF C interface (may be
>time-consuming)... *
>*Compiling the NetCDF C interface (may be time-consuming)... *
>
>*Error: NetCDF C compile failed.*
>
>Has anyone else had this issue?
>When I check the log he tells me:
>
>*Making install in includemake[1]: Entering directory
>`/instaladores/amber16/AmberTools/src/netcdf-4.3.0/include'make[1]: * No
>rule to make target `install'. Stop.make[1]: Leaving directory
>`/instaladores/amber16/AmberTools/src/netcdf-4.3.0/include'make: *

Something is missing in your distribution: do you have a Makefile in
.../amber16/AmberTools/src/netcdf-4.3.0? How did you install AmberTools
and what options did you give to configure?

That said, I would strongly recommend starting over with AmberTools19.
Many bugs have been fixed, and it is far more likely that either the
problem will go away, or someone will recognize it.

...dac