Re: [AMBER] Amber 18 installation

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 08:36:46 -0400

>On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 5:50 AM Sunita Patel <sunita.patel.cbs.ac.in> wrote:
>>

>> I tried installing Amber 18 as end user in HPC. However, could not
>> installed Amber18 which I already mentioned in the mailing list. Then I
>> asked system admin of HPC to install it for me.
>>
>> They tried installing with Intel Compilers 2015, using intel mpi 4.1 and
>> encountered the following errors.

See Dan's response. But as a practical matter, your HPC people should
start with gnu compilers and a "standard" MPI stack (like mpich or
openmpi).

If/when that works, you can experiment with other compilers, but most of
the time it makes only a small difference in performance. So, be sure
you know you want to run long simulations before spending time with
non-standard compilers. I'm not sure any developers are still testing
with 2015 Intel compilers (but we do regularly test with "old" gnu
compilers).

...good luck....dac