Re: [AMBER] Regarding cut-off distance in hydrogen bond

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 09:11:41 -0400

Hi,

This is explained in the cpptraj 'hbond' command section of the Amber manual:

"[dist <dcut>] Distance cutoff for hydrogen bonds (acceptor to donor
heavy atom, default 3.0 Å)."

"A hydrogen bond is defined as being between an acceptor heavy atom A,
a donor hydrogen atom H, and a donor heavy atom D. If the A to D
distance is less than the distance cutoff and the A-H-D angle is
greater than the angle cutoff a hydrogen bond is considered formed."

Hope this helps,

-Dan