Re: [AMBER] Error in preparing system using AmberTools19

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 17:46:12 -0300 (UYT)

Dear shivangi agarwal,

The error you are having is expected due to the ion library you are loading...

If you edit "ions94.lib" you will see that the atom type for residue "Na+" is "IP", however the frcmod file you are loading uses a different atom-type, which is named "Na+" (yes the same name as the residue)...

Then the correct way to load the parameters (before anything else!) is by the following command:

source leaprc.water.tip3p

Notice that this "cmd" file loads the compatible library "atomic_ions.lib" and parameters "frcmod.ionsjc_tip3p" for the corresponding water model...

I encourage you (and anybody) to use the provided cmd files by developers, they made a big effort to grant an easy to use, consistent, compatible and checked set of parameters.

Best,

Matias

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[http://pasteur.uy/en/labs/biomolecular-simulations-laboratory]
[http://www.sirahff.com]