Re: [AMBER] How to prepare correct gaussian input for RESP charge calculation?

From: Sadaf Rani <sadafrani6.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 21:49:35 +0100

Dear Amber Prof Dac and Anselim
Thank you

It gives error of open valence

antechamber -i floB.mol2 -fi mol2 -o floB.com -fo gcrt

Welcome to antechamber: molecular input file processor.

acdoctor mode is on: check and diagnosis problems in the input file.
-- Check Format for mol2 File --
-- Check Open Valences --
Warning: The number of bonds (2) for atom (ID: 32, Name: O4) does not match
         the connectivity (1) for atom type (O.2) defined in
CORR_NAME_TYPE.DAT.
Warning: The number of bonds (3) for atom (ID: 34, Name: C17) does not match
         the connectivity (4) for atom type (C.3) defined in
CORR_NAME_TYPE.DAT.
But, you may safely ignore the warnings if your molecule
         uses atom names or element names as atom types.
-- Check Geometry --
      for those bonded
      for those not bonded
-- Check Weird Bonds --
/home/srania/Amber/amber16/bin/to_be_dispatched/antechamber: Fatal Error!
Weird atomic valence (3) for atom (ID: 34, Name: C17).
       Possible open valence.

*Dear Anselim*
should I mention charge in same command? can you please suggest me?

Is it a good choice to write gaussian input file in Avogadros and then do
geometry optimization?

Also could you please suggest me how to make a resp.in file from
floBF_esp.dat as mentioned in same tutorial
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial1/section1.htm after doing cat
floB_esp.dat floF_esp.dat > floBF_esp.dat

should I convert floBF_esp.dat file in to .ac file for respgen program to
make a resp input file? as mentioend below:-

respgen -i sustiva.ac -o sustiva.respin1 -f resp1

Need suggesstions

thank you

Sadaf