Re: [AMBER] Issue installing Amber18 pbsa.cuda

From: Ruxi Qi <ruxiq.uci.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 11:34:08 +0800

Hi Mahesh,

Sorry for late reply. This error is not pbsa specific, as you still
encountered it with pmemd after turning off pbsa.cuda build. The
potential cause is a library you are trying to link was compiled by an
older gcc rather than gcc 5 you are using. I guess your CUDA 8 was not
built by gcc 5. If that's the case, a easy fix for you may be re-compile
Amber with an older gcc version, e.g. gcc 4.8. Some other workaround is
to reset a macro value with linking stage inside all the Makefiles you
are seeing errors. Let me know whether an older gcc can fix your issue.

Best,

Ruxi