Re: [AMBER] electrostatic energy of mmgbsa decomposition

From: Josh Berryman <the.real.josh.berryman.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 11:38:04 +0200

Hi Tan, in a GB calculation there is some interaction between the solvation
part of the energy and the direct (Coulomb) terms, the full equation is
complicated and the decomposition into two terms in the output file isn't
very useful. If you add up the GBSA and EELEC terms then the combined
total ought to behave more like you expect (ie it should be more negative
when a salt bridge is formed, etc).

Dr Josh Berryman
Uni Luxembourg