Re: [AMBER] REMD error

From: Marcela Madrid <mmadrid.psc.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 15:44:47 -0400

hi, thanks Koushik.

I do not think it is just the test case as the user is having the same problem.
I do not have any other issues except REMD on GPUs. REMD on CPUs runs fine.
That is why I am fearing that I may be assigning the GPUs wrong?
I wonder if you have an account at the PSC and would like to try, or we can give you one?

I asked for an interactive session with 2 GPUs and 2 tasks per node:

interact -p GPU --gres=gpu:p100:2 -n 2
 export DO_PARALLEL=“mpirun -np 2"
./Run.rem.sh

I diff the file that you sent me and they are identical. I commented out the last lines in the Run script,
but no other output is produced, only:

> rem_2rep_gb]$ ./Run.rem.sh
> No precision model specified. Defaulting to DPFP.
> Two replica GB REMD test.
>
> Running multipmemd version of pmemd Amber18
> Total processors = 2
> Number of groups = 2
>

> Unit 5 Error on OPEN: rem.in.001
>
> Unit 5 Error on OPEN: rem.in.001
> Abort(1) on node 1 (rank 1 in comm 0): application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 1
> ./Run.rem.sh: Program error

and the two input files that are not deleted because I commented out the line to delete them:

more rem.in.001
Ala3 GB REMD
&cntrl
   imin = 0, nstlim = 100, dt = 0.002,
   ntx = 5, irest = 1, ig = -71277,
   ntwx = 500, ntwe = 0, ntwr = 500, ntpr = 100,
   ioutfm = 0, ntxo = 1,
   ntt = 1, tautp = 5.0, tempi = 0.0, temp0 = 350.0,
   ntc = 2, tol = 0.000001, ntf = 2, ntb = 0,
   cut = 9999.0, nscm = 500,
   igb = 5, offset = 0.09,
   numexchg = 5,
&end