Re: [AMBER] How can we simulate only the ligand-bound domain of the protein?

From: David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 12:32:31 +0000

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019, Chetna Tyagi wrote:

>I work with a big protein with roughly 1000 residues. The PDB structure has
>missing residues which causes problem during equilibration.
>
>Coordinate resetting (SHAKE) cannot be accomplished,
> deviation is too large
> NITER, NIT, LL, I and J are : 0 0 5803 11719 11720

Running pdb4amber will identify those gaps, so you can address them, say
be inserting a TER card between non-connected residues.

But the problem of how to figure what what portion of a very
large protein can be ignored during a simulation is not one that has a
general solution. Look at the domain structure of your system, and
consider whether you could work with just a ligand-binding domain.

....dac