Re: [AMBER] NaN Error

From: Paula Mihaljevic-Juric <paula.mihaljevic-juric.polytechnique.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 16:09:26 +0200

All the calculations were performed on CPUs. I tested the script on my desktop machine on 16 CPUs and the simulation was running on both sander and pmemd (although it still had NaN in both cases, but it did not crash). When I was trying to run it on 112 cores on the supercomputer, only sander.MPI is working and for pmemd.MPI I get " NaN(s) found in the input coordinates” error and the simulation stops.

My system is composed of ~ 127k atoms. I am using GB_HCT and I am using map constraints. I briefly minimised the structure as well where I have obtained notification: RESTARTED DUE TO LINMIN FAILURE, but I read that this error is not really an error.

Technically, I just want to test performance of AMBER when using EMAP, because I would like to use SGLD which is also implemented in CHARMM and rather too slow. I am not sure whether it will be faster than CHARMM when using pmemd.MPI.

I do not have any non-standard parameters. It is highly possible that I am missing something in my script.

This is my input file:

&cntrl
imin=0, ntb=0,
igb=1, ntpr=500, ntwx=500,