Re: [AMBER] Fw: parameterization of ligand+protein complex

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 11:36:34 -0300 (UYT)

Dear Hira Jabeen,

Please dig into the mailing list, most answers to your problems are there...

Indeed, I've just answered the issue of properly loading mol2 files two weeks ago!... [http://archive.ambermd.org/201906/0032.html]

Other very frequent mistakes are:

1) Atom and residue names in the PDB file HAVE TO match those in the residue library (e.g. mol2).

   That's causing this error:
  "Created a new atom named: O72 within residue: .R<SFR 269>" ... bla bla bla

   Which later generates the following issues because no atom types were set to the newly created atoms:
  "FATAL: Atom .R<SFR 269>.A<O72 1> does not have a type."... bla bla bla

   Solution: rename atom in the PDB or mol2 to be the same.

2) Atom types in the residue library (e.g. mol2) HAVE TO match those at the parameter file (e.g. frcmod).

   You haven't seen this error yet, but you would:
  "For atom: .R<GOL 291>.A<C1 1> Could not find vdW (or other) parameters for type: C.3"

   Solution: It seems gol.mol2 takes parameters from gaff as gol.frcmod is empty, then the former's are the atom types to match.
             In case of sfr.mol2, rename atom types to match sfr.frcmod.

Best,

Matias

PS: There is no magic nor artificial intelligence behind AMBER, yet... so user are expected to provide that sense...

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[http://pasteur.uy/en/labs/biomolecular-simulations-laboratory]
[http://www.sirahff.com]