Re: [AMBER] solvateoct and sovlatebox errors while solvating ligand

From: Vaibhav Dixit <vaibhavadixit.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 17:46:47 +0100

Thank you Prof. Case for pointing that out. It has worked for me this time.
I picked basic steps to add tip3 water model from here
<http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial33/section1.htm>which don't
seem to have that command, link to tleap.explicit.in file is broken there
<http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial33/files/tleap.explicit.in>.
I may be incorrect, but many of the tutorials are old and probably use
combinations of commands that are not relevant in Amber18.
It's not a major problem but often ends up confusing a
non-regular/non-expert user like me.
Thanks a lot anyways for the continued support.
best regards

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 2:13 PM David Case <david.case.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 16, 2019, Vaibhav Dixit wrote:
>
> >I'm getting errors while solvating ritonavir ligand.
>
> You never loaded any water leaprc files, so the TIP3PBOX unit is not
> available to you. (You can check this by typing "desc" at the tleap
> command line right before the solvateBox command.
>
> >loadAmberParams frcmod.ionsjc_tip3p
>
> Change the above to "source leaprc.water.tip3p", which will load
> solvents.lib (that has TIP3PBOX) plus the frcmod file listed above, plus
> everything else needed for tip3p water.
>
> ...good luck...dac
>
> >solvateBox: Argument #2 is type String must be of type: [unit]
>
> p.s.: above message is tleap's way of saying that it doesn't recognize
> TIP3PBOX as a unit. It doesn't, however, tell you how to fix that
> problem....

Regards,
Dr. Vaibhav A. Dixit,
Visiting Scientist at the Manchester Institute of Biotechnology (MIB), The
University of Manchester, 131 Princess Street, Manchester M1 7DN, UK.
AND
Assistant Professor,
Department of Pharmacy,
Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences Pilani (BITS-Pilani),
VidyaVihar Campus, street number 41, Pilani, Rajasthan 333031.
India.
Phone No. +91 1596 255652, Mob. No. +91-7709129400,
Email: vaibhav.dixit.pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in, vaibhavadixit.gmail.com
​http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/pilani/vaibhavdixit/profile
https://www.linkedin.com/in/vaibhav-dixit-b1a07a39/
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4015-2941
http://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=X876BKcAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra