Re: [AMBER] Ab initio MD in AMBER

From: Nikolay N. Kuzmich <nnkuzmich.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2019 15:10:39 +0300

Hello Pratul,

thank you too! I have already started reading the EVB manual.
Can this approach also be applied to the system containing transition
metals (like copper) provided the proper parameters are available?

All the best,
Nick

If the goal is to model proton transfer, an alternative to consider is
Empirical Valence Bond (EVB) model available in AMBER. It is based on
classical force-field (with Morse potential representations for the
transferring proton) so it is much faster than QM/MM. You can include
solvent and consider multiple states/reactions.

But obviously it really depends on what you are trying to investigate, EVB
may not fit your needs.

Pratul K. Agarwal, Ph.D.
(Editorial Board Member: PLoS ONE, Microbial Cell Factories)
Web: http://www.agarwal-lab.org/