Re: [AMBER] tleap gamma-carboxyglutamic acid linkage error

From: Rajbinder Kaur Virk <rajbinderkaurvirk.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:09:03 +0530

Hello
I am thankful for your suggestion and for the information that you have
provided.

Currently, I was tying to make the required library file for the Gamma
glutamic acid (unusual amino acid) using xleap by following the tutorial :
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial1_orig/ . After loading the
constructed .lib in addition to the amber force field parameters,
fortunately the gamma linkages were constructed as per requirement.
However, when saving the prmtop and incrd file an error is occurring. xleap
is creating additional terminal hydrogen molecules for the free NH2 group
on the alpha carbon of glutamic acid and thereafter giving the following
error message.

saveamberparm mol protein.prmtop protein.inpcrd
Checking Unit.
WARNING: The unperturbed charge of the unit: -3.990000 is not zero.
WARNING: The perturbed charge: -3.990000 is not zero.
FATAL: Atom .R<GGL 1>.A< 3> does not have a type.
FATAL: Atom .R<GGL 1>.A<H2 19> does not have a type.
FATAL: Atom .R<GGL 4>.A< 3> does not have a type.
FATAL: Atom .R<GGL 4>.A<H2 19> does not have a type.
FATAL: Atom .R<GGL 7>.A< 3> does not have a type.
FATAL: Atom .R<GGL 7>.A<H2 19> does not have a type.
Failed to generate parameters
Parameter file was not saved.

If anyone could help me proceed, it would be very helpful. Please suggest
if I can remove the h2 atoms which xleap created as following:
Created a new atom named: H2 within residue: .R<GGL 1>
Created a new atom named: H2 within residue: .R<GGL 4>
Created a new atom named: H2 within residue: .R<GGL 7>

Thank you
with regards
Rajbinder Kaur Virk

*With regards*