[AMBER] TR : Struggling to convert AMBER .frcmod and .mol2 to GROMACS for HEME

From: ABEL Stephane <Stephane.ABEL.cea.fr>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 08:50:20 +0000

Ooops, forgot

The acpype tool can be found here: https://github.com/alanwilter/acpype

HTH

Stéphane
De : ABEL Stephane
Envoyé : mercredi 24 octobre 2018 10:45
À : AMBER Mailing List
Objet : RE:[AMBER] Struggling to convert AMBER .frcmod and .mol2 to GROMACS for HEME

Hello,

It is not a real if you have all the AMBER parameters for HEME in a given oxydation state.

1) Build the AMBER (non)bonded parameters in the AMBER format (see for instance this site http://research.bmh.manchester.ac.uk/bryce/amber/) and the data given in the Cheatham paper . In this site you will also find the prep and FRCMOD files for heme
2) use ACEPYPE (https://pypi.org/project/acpype/) to convert the AMBER parameters into the GROMACS format and obtain the topol.top, ffbonded.itp and ffnonbonded.itp.

The step 2) can be also done easily by hand by using as examples the AMBER99sb-ILDN params available in GROMACS

HTH

 Stéphane