Re: [AMBER] using parmed (python api) to merge two parm7 files for TI

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 14:39:27 -0400

Hi Wes,

This was indeed a bug: https://github.com/ParmEd/ParmEd/issues/756

I fixed it back in June, but no bugfix has been released for AmberTools 18
(yet).

Try updating to the latest version of ParmEd from GitHub and see if that
works.

Also, when you do try to apply this to CHARMM, you may have to add the
CHARMM PSF files directly within ParmEd and then convert the result to an
Amber topology file. The "+" operator may not work on two Amber topology
files that have NBFIX terms.

Good luck,
Jason