Re: [AMBER] RTX 2080 Benchmarks

From: Bisignano, Paola <Paola.Bisignano.ucsf.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 20:21:24 +0000

Thanks Dave!

Paola Bisignano, Ph.D.
postdoctoral research associate
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Cardiovascular Research Institute
University of California, San Francisco
________________________________
From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, October 8, 2018 1:13:40 PM
To: AMBER Mailing List
Subject: Re: [AMBER] RTX 2080 Benchmarks

See earlier post on this listserv. The upshot is that, prior to any tweaks
we might do to squeeze out more performance on what is a rather peculiar
architecture, RTX-2080 is within 5-10% of the speed on GTX-1080Ti (RTX is
slower on PME, faster on GB). No word yet on RTX-2080Ti, but we're
expecting performance to improve commensurate with price, which would make
the cards another attractive candidate for those building general-purpose
clusters.

Dave