Re: [AMBER] Amber Install on Mojave (ld: library not found for -lmc) Fix

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 14:54:11 +0000

This is the same error that I am receiving using Hombrew GNU compilers, it does not make a difference if -macAccelerate is included or omitted

Best regards
// Gustaf

On 8 Oct 2018, at 15:09, Andrew Schaub <aschaub.uci.edu<mailto:aschaub.uci.edu>> wrote:

Ok, I was able to get the serial version working on MacOS Mojave. It failed
when I tried to do mpi. It might have something to do with the /usr/include
I have AMBER on my workstation and other laptop. I'm just playing around
with trying to get it work on a new laptop.

$ ./configure -mpi -macAccelerate gnu
$ make install

It failed during the parmed installation:

building 'parmed.amber._rdparm' extension
creating build/temp.macosx-10.7-x86_64-2.7
creating build/temp.macosx-10.7-x86_64-2.7/src
clang -fno-strict-aliasing -I/opt/amber18/miniconda/include -arch x86_64
-DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
-I/opt/amber18/AmberTools/src/parmed/src
-I/opt/amber18/miniconda/include/python2.7 -c src/_rdparm.cpp -o
build/temp.macosx-10.7-x86_64-2.7/src/_rdparm.o
warning: include path for stdlibc++ headers not found; pass '-std=libc++'
on the command line to use the libc++ standard library instead
     [-Wstdlibcxx-not-found]
In file included from src/_rdparm.cpp:17:
/opt/amber18/AmberTools/src/parmed/src/readparm.h:5:10: fatal error:
'locale' file not found
#include <locale>
        ^~~~~~~~
1 warning and 1 error generated.
error: command 'clang' failed with exit status 1
make[2]: *** [parmed] Error 1
make[1]: *** [parallel] Error 2
make: *** [install] Error 2

Best Regards,