Re: [AMBER] Part of protein going out of the box

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 13:21:38 -0400

Hi,

This is a visual artifact - remember that with periodic boundary
conditions the protein is never outside the box, it's just in a
different unit cell. This issue has been discussed several times on
the Amber mailing list (try searching for 'amber protein outside box'
or something similar).

That said I recommend using the 'autoimage' command from cpptraj in
place of the 'center' and 'image' commands - it typically does a
better job of removing these visual artifacts (although it's not
perfect).

-Dan