[AMBER] AMBER18 compilation using intel compiler

From: <pavel.banas.upol.cz>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2018 15:13:47 +0200 (CEST)

Dear all,
we are not able to compile AMBER18 version with new intel compiler (13). It
fail on this error

Intel 13
/tmp/ifortQKUUNN.i90: catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error:
segmentation violation signal raised** Please report this error along with
the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note:
File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
compilation aborted for runmin.F90 (code 1)

We also tried some old gnu compilers, but also without any success.

GCC 4.7
safemem.F90:1404:0: error: type mismatch in binary expression
GCC 4.9
/usr/bin/ld: fftw3_dummy.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.text' can not
be used when making a shared object
; recompile with -fPIC
Anyway, we would prefer intel compiler as we are trying to compile the code
on intel architecture and the experiences with older AMBER versions are that
intel compilation was slightly faster than gnu one.

Can you please advise me what intel compiler version should work?

thanks a lot,

Pavel

--
Pavel Banáš