Re: [AMBER] Xleap does not (?) loadoff lib files

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 12:01:14 -0300 (UYT)

Dear Sebastian,

The residue (unit) name in file.lib is "mol" while in the PDB is "H1A"... you need to rename it so it is called the same in both files, e.g.:

from shell do:
sed 's/mol/H1A/' file.lib > file2.lib

In leap console execute:

source oldff/leaprc.ff99SB
loadoff file2.lib
mol = loadpdb file2.pdb

The issue you had is probably because you created the unit by loading the PDB of the single residue into the variable name "mol" and then just saved the lib file, so the unit took the var name... that happens because a unit may be a residue or a something more complex (e.g. a water box)... so if you want a unit to have a particular name in a lib then the var name must be chosen accordingly...

Best,

Matías

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[http://pasteur.uy/en/laboratorios-eng/lsbm]
[http://www.sirahff.com]