Re: [AMBER] Regarding the MPI error in parallel running of 3D-RISM

From: PRITI ROY <priitii.roy.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 16:09:32 +0530

Dear David,
I am doing 3D-RISM with the following parameters:
----buffer 15.0
--grdspc 0.5,0.5,0.5
--closure KH
--centering -1
Before using 48 core, tried with fewer cores and every time getting the
error "FATAL: allocation failure in ivector()" until the reaching 48 cores.
>From the Amber mailing list, I came to know this error come due to memory
issue.
I also tried with a system of 2775 atoms in different combination of cores
and time taken in every combination cores to run of five frames is as
follows:

No. of Cores Time (minutes)
6 10
8 8
10 8
12 5
24 5

I could not understand why my system taking longer time and 48 cores for
only one frame.
Do I need to change or add any parameter which can do the scaling up?

Best,
Priti