Re: [AMBER] Dimension Box visualization

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 08:45:13 -0300 (UYT)

Dear Aashish,

Adding to David's answer...

The system may be too big to fit the file format rst7 (my_solv.inpcrd), indeed it is always recommended to use NetCDF format (binary) for restart and trajectories.

In addition, if you don't mind about the initial position of the ions, you may place them randomly by replacing water molecules instead of using to the electrostacic potential... it's a quite faster method!

source leaprc.ff14SB.redq
mol=loadpdb my.pdb
solvatebox mol TIP3PBOX 15
addIonsRand mol Na+ 202
addIonsRand mol Cl- 202
saveAmberParmNetcdf mol my_solv.prmtop my_solv.rst.nc
savepdb mol my_solv.pdb
quit

Best,

Matias

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[http://www.pasteur.uy]
[http://www.sirahff.com]