Re: [AMBER] update_amber URL time out problem

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 07:45:05 -0400

On Thu, May 24, 2018, Meng Wu wrote:

> I typed "./update_amber --upgrade", it stopped in the
> update.5: PatchingError: .patches/Amber16_Unapplied_Patches/update.5
> failed to apply. No changes made from this patch.

The --upgrade switch is for going from AmberTools16 to AmberTools17.
You probably wanted the --update flag, but I'm not sure that was really
any problem.

> Then I
> downloaded the update files to local and applied them as the
> third-party patches using '--apply-patch=', I typed "./update_amber
> --show-applied-patches" and now it shows:
>

> Third-party Patches:
> --------------------
> update.11, update.1, update.8, update.7, update.5, update.13, update.10,
> update.3, update.6, update.12, update.4, update.2

It looks like everything has been applied. update.5 just deals with
Titan-XP GPU in pmemd.cuda, which may not be of interest to you.

> Does this mean I have applied all the updates for Amber16
> successfully? If yes, then how could I make these updates effective
> at one time? Just use './configure gnu' and then 'make install'?

Above is correct. You could also start from a clean install and retry
./update_amber --update. In either case, type "make test" after the
make install step, to check that things are working OK.

....dac