Re: [AMBER] nativecontacts command in CPPTRAJ

From: Ruth Helena Tichauer <rhtichau.laas.fr>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 17:28:49 +0200

Dear Amber users and developers,

I’ve successfully updated Amber package by the command:

$AMBERHOME/update_amber —upgrade

Followed by:

cd $AMBERHOME
./configure -macAccelerate clang
make install
make test

From which I got:

Finished serial test suite for Amber 17 at Wed May 23 15:36:37 CEST 2018.

     150 file comparisons passed
       0 file comparisons failed
       0 tests experienced errors
Test log file saved as /Users/administrateur/amber16/logs/test_amber_serial/2018-05-23_15-29-32.log
No test diffs to save!

Summary of AmberTools serial tests:

    1959 file comparisons passed
      20 file comparisons failed
       4 tests experienced errors
Test log file saved as /Users/administrateur/amber16/logs/test_at_serial/2018-05-23_13-53-59.log
Test diffs file saved as /Users/administrateur/amber16/logs/test_at_serial/2018-05-23_13-53-59.diff

Now, I do not get the previous error message when trying to compute the nativecontacts command, yet I get empty files.. (attached). Could you please point me out a working example so I adapt my input file? I would highly appreciate some guidance in this matter as, despite taking as a reference the input file given in the manual, I’m not understanding how to use this command.

Thanking you in advance,

Sincerely,

Ruth

> On 23 May 2018, at 10:43, Ruth Helena Tichauer <rhtichau.laas.fr> wrote:
>
> Dear Andy,
>
> I’m using CPPTRAJ: Trajectory Analysis. V16.16
> I’ll upgrade to Ambertools17 then and try again.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Ruth
>
>> On 23 May 2018, at 10:15, Andreas Tosstorff <andreas.tosstorff.cup.uni-muenchen.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ruth,
>>
>> Which cpptraj version are you using? I think nonnative is only supported
>> in more recent versions. Try updating cpptraj/ambertools.
>>
>> Best,
>> Andy
>>
>> On 05/23/2018 10:09 AM, Ruth Helena Tichauer wrote:
>>> Dear Daniel,
>>>
>>> Thank you for your answer.
>>>
>>> I’ve changed my input file to the following:
>>>
>>> #Load topology and trajectories
>>> parm ../../native2.parm
>>> trajin ../../../../2/Neutralized/nat2_md-qm.nc
>>> trajin ../../nat-ew2-0_mdqm.nc
>>> trajin ../../nat-ew2-0_mdqm1.nc
>>> trajin ../../nat-ew2-0_mdqm2.nc
>>> trajin ../../nat-ew2-0_mdqm3.nc