Re: [AMBER] what are the benefits of cuda9 vs. 8 with amber 18?

From: Chris Neale <candrewn.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 09:32:08 -0600

Thank you very much for the reply David. This makes sense that cuda 9 is
mostly necessary to use new cards.

Keeping the same cuda (8.0) and gcc (4.8.4) on the DGX-1, I see a 5%
speedup for standard simulations with amber18 over amber16. My system is
not typical: 4 GPUs/run, charmm force field, 12 A cutoff, 800,000 atoms.
Still, I may as well post that there is indeed already a small speedup from
fully patched/updates amber16 to the base amber18.

Thank you again,
Chris.