Re: [AMBER] How to extract frames with particular hydrogen bonds only

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 10:42:05 -0400

Hi,

You can do this in cpptraj via a combination of 'hbond' and 'outtraj'.
First, generate hydrogen bond time series data with the hbond command:

parm myparm.parm7
trajin mytraj.nc
hbond <hbond args> series uuseries UU.dat
run

See the manual for the description of the arguments available for
'hbond'. The time series data for each hydrogen bond contains a 1 for
the frame if the hydrogen bond is present and 0 otherwise. Once you've
got the hbond time series data, you can read it back in and in and use
'outtraj' with 'maxmin' to extract frames where the particular
hydrogen bonds are present, e.g.

parm myparm.parm7
trajin mytraj.nc
readdata UU.dat index 1 name UU
outtraj hb1.nc maxmin UU:2 min 0.5 max 1.5
outtraj hb2.nc maxmin UU:3 min 0.5 max 1.5

Hope this helps,

-Dan