Re: [AMBER] Configure cuda

From: Kadir Ozcan <Kadir.Ozcan.jefferson.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 19:38:26 +0000

> Message: 23
> Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 13:12:21 -0400
> From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
> Subject: Re: [AMBER] AMBER Digest, Vol 2271, Issue 1
>
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2018, Kadir Ozcan wrote:
>
>> ld: library not found for -lcuda
>> make[2]: *** [pbsa.cuda] Error 1
>
> What version of AmberTools are you using? That reference should not be
> present for the latest NVIDIA SDK's, and should not be present in
> AmberTools18.
>
> Workaround is to edit $AMBERHOME/config.h and remove the reference to
> "-lcuda". You may need to do the same thing for
> $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/cpptraj/config.h.
>
> But can you post your config.h and say what Amber version you are using?
> I thought we had quashed all references to -lcuda....
>
> ...thanks...dac

Hello David,

I’m using AmberTools17 with Amber16. Because our institution recently purchased Amber16, we will be requesting the upgrade soon so I try this process again with AmberTools18 with Amber18. I will try the configuration and installation process with Amber18 once we receiver it and get back to you. I appreciate all of the help.

The information contained in this transmission contains privileged and confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

CAUTION: Intended recipients should NOT use email communication for emergent or urgent health care matters.