[AMBER] Solvateoct Distance Parameter

From: Kung, Ryan <ryan.kung.uleth.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 16:42:09 -0600

 Hello,

I am using the solvateoct to add TIP3P water to my system. I have used the
following command to get a minimum distance of 10 Å between the edge of my
solute to the edge of the water box:

> solvateoct model TIP3PBOX 10.0

Unfortunately, there are parts that are closer than 10 Å away from the
edge of the water. Specifically, part of my solute is only 5 Å away from
the edge of the water. To be clear, I am defining the edge of the box as
the plane that the waters on one side of the box appears to make. Am I
misunderstanding what the 10 Å buffer region is representing? How can I
get solvateoct to make it that all the solute is at least 10 Å away from
the edge of the box?

Thanks.