Re: [AMBER] installation problem

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 07:50:56 -0400

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018, wuxc wrote:

> When I was installing Amber, I encountered this error. I don’t know
> what’s wrong with my icc and iort compiler. I need some help.
> 发送自 Windows 10 版邮件应用

I don't know either, and the message you post more or less just says
that icc and ifort don't work. Have you successfully used these
compilers with other codes?

We would also need more information: what is Windows environment? Are
you using the Windows10 Subsytem for Linux? Getting a message like
"cannot fork" may be specific to the icc/ifort, or may be a symptom of
a more general problem with your Windows environment.

There is a chance that we will be able to offer soon a Windows binary
installation for AmberTools18. But for the moment, I'd suggest sticking
to gnu compilers; I'm pretty sure no developer has tested Windows +
Intel compilers.

....regards....dave case