Re: [AMBER] Regarding AuCl force field

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 16:27:17 -0500

Hi Aashish,

As Dave said, if you are trying to simulate a AuCl solid, MCPB.py was not originally designed for that.

In this case, you can use the CartHess2FC.py program in the AmberTools to estimate the bond and angle
force constants in the AuCl cluster.

The extended Born cycle could be used to determine the partial charges of Au and Cl ions in the AuCl cluster:
Heinz, H.; Suter, U. W. J. Phys. Chem. B 2004, 108, 18341-18352.

Above are just some thoughts may be worth of trying, but they are not guaranteed to work.

Kind regards,
Pengfei