[AMBER] (pmemd.cuda.MPI) Note: The following floating-point exceptions are signalling: IEEE_UNDERFLOW_FLAG IEEE_DENORMAL

From: Amen Shamim <amenshamim.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 22:30:42 +0900

Hi,

I recently installed Amber16 with cuda. I have total four GPUs and used
pmemd.cuda.MPI for my jobs. I did not received any problem in
installations, all work fine without any error but after running simulation
jobs i received this note.

  Note: The following floating-point exceptions are signalling:
IEEE_UNDERFLOW_FLAG IEEE_DENORMAL

I can't understand this note. After each job i received same note. Am i
doing something wrong.

After completing my first test job, i just rebooted the system and then i
lost nvidia driver and even my system not accepting root password. I can't
figure out where i did mistake. May this above note is linked with my
nvidia driver?

Even in another system of our lab, i installed Amber16 and run job with
pmemd.MPI. This system do not have GPUs i ran job on 20 CPU processors and
get same note as mentioned above.

How i can resolve this issue. Kindly let me know.
Thanks

Best
Amen