[AMBER] Converting gromacs TRX file to mdcrd.nc and mdvel.nc

From: Mohd Farid Ismail <mohd.farid.ismail.yandex.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2018 18:20:15 +0800

   Dear Amber users/developers,

   I have to analyze a gromacs trajectory that contains the coordinate and
   velocity in one file, npt2.trr using AmberTools17. For storage purposes, I
   want to split this file into the appropriate mdcrd.nc and mdvel.nc. In the
   manual, it says that it's possible to write the velocity only to the Amber
   NetCDF file if I append the word velocity at the end of a trajout command. I
   put the following commands into a script:

   trajin npt2.trr

   trajout mdcrd.nc novelocity

   trajout mdvel.nc velocity

   But I ran the script, I get "Warning: The 'velocity' keyword is no longer
   necessary and has been deprecated." for the "trajout mdvel.nc velocity" (3rd
   line) command, and two files, mdcrd.nc (5GB) and mdvel.nc (10GB). It seems
   that the mdvel.nc contains both the coordinate and the velocity. Is there a
   way to only save the velocity in the mdvel.nc file?

   --Â

   Mohd Farid Ismail