Re: [AMBER] Help with mdcrd in VMD

From: Abdul-Rashid III Sampaco <absampaco.up.edu.ph>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2018 01:35:54 +0800

Hi,

It would help a lot if you described in more detail how you loaded the
mdcrd file in VMD.

But since I have encountered this error before, I presume you are following
the instructions from the VMD tutorial in the AMBER website, and you loaded
the mdcrd file as the file type option "AMBER Coordinates" or "AMBER
Coordinates with Periodic Box". This was the right thing to do back when
the file format of trajectory files was still formatted in ASCII. However,
the default file format has since changed to NetCDF (binary). If you scroll
down the input file type options in vmd, you'll see the "NetCDF (AMBER,
MMTK)" option.

Rashid