[AMBER] Random seed reproducibility

From: Sergey Samsonov <sergey.samsonov.ug.edu.pl>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 10:32:04 +0200

Dear Amber users,

I have carried out a 1 ns long simulation printing the output file every
5000 steps (ntpr=5000), but then I realized I needed the energy values
every 500 steps. So I took the same random seed written in the original
md.out file (attached md6-original.out : Note: ig = -1. Setting random
seed to 454827 based on wallclock time in microseconds. ), and started
the simulation again just changing the output frequency (attached
md6-repeated.out). Both simulations started with the same initial
conditions (ntx=7) obtained from the previous simulation. Unfortunately,
I still don't get identical results in the outputs and in the
trajectories (see the output files attached, take a look at NSTEP = 5000). What can be the reason for
this, and how can I get an identical trajectory with energy values
printed more often?

Thank you and best regards,

Sergey