Re: [AMBER] Fwd: error while installing AMBER for GPU

From: Maciej Maciejczyk <maciej.maciejczyk.uwm.edu.pl>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 13:15:36 +0100

Look at the last line of min.out file, for info what happend.

It seems you have a space between & and cntrl keyword, which is incorrect.

Best,

Maciej

On 20.03.2018 11:13, malkeet singh Bahia wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I got it but following is also not running
>
> /private/gnss/AMBER_instal_files_malkeet/amber14/bin/pmemd.cuda -O -i min.in -o
> min.out -p pro.top -c pro.crd -r min.rst -inf min.mdinfo > resulted in STOP
> PMEMD Terminated Abnormally!
>
> min.in file contains
>
> Minimize
> & cntrl
> imin=1,
> ntx=1,
> irest=0,
> maxcyc=2000,
> ncyc=1000,
> ntpr=100,
> ntwx=0,
> cut=8.0,
> /
>
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 at 09:13 Luka Bilić <Luka.Bilic.irb.hr> wrote:
>
>> It might be that your input is not correct for the job setup.
>> If your pmemd and sander worked fine with some inputs, but are
>> suddenly failing with another inputs that means that you need to go
>> keyword by keyword and check it with amber manual (
>> http://ambermd.org/doc12/Amber16.pdf ).
>>
>> Somewhere there might be some keyword that either has wrong value,
>> calls for something that cannot be done or may even be completely
>> missing but is required for your type of MD/min job.
>>
>> Take some time with it.
>> It's a lot of data to process but after several weeks you'll be
>> running simulations and robbing your colleagues of "dem free gpu
>> slots" like a cowboy outlaw in the wild west.
>>
>> But first you need careful input revision and many trial and errors :)
>>
>> If your jobs fail on everything! Even on checked and prepared inputs
>> from Amber Tutorials... then there might be something else that's
>> happening. (But you said it worked on some things so I think it's just
>> your input setup)
>>
>> Yours,
>> Luka
>>

>> Citiram malkeet singh Bahia <msbahia17.gmail.com>:

>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I am getting the following problems while using
>>>
>>> mpirun -np 2
>>> /private/gnss/AMBER_instal_files_malkeet/amber14/bin/pmemd.cuda.MPI -O -i
>>> min.in -o min.out -p pro.top -c pro.crd -r min.rst -inf min.mdinfo >
>>> resulted in "application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0"
>>> while
>>> and /private/gnss/AMBER_instal_files_malkeet/amber14/bin/pmemd.cuda -O -i
>>> min.in -o min.out -p pro.top -c pro.crd -r min.rst -inf min.mdinfo >
>>> resulted in STOP PMEMD Terminated Abnormally!
>>>
>>> min.in file contains
>>>
>>> Minimize
>>> & cntrl
>>> imin=1,
>>> ntx=1,
>>> irest=0,
>>> maxcyc=2000,
>>> ncyc=1000,
>>> ntpr=100,
>>> ntwx=0,
>>> cut=8.0,
>>> /
>>>

>>> Could you please suggest the reasons and solutions?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> MAlkeet

>>> --
>>> Thanks & Warm Regards
>>>
>>> ​
>>> Malkeet S. Bahia, PhD
>>> Post Doctoral Fellow at the lab of Prof. Hanoch Senderowitz
>>> PBC Indo-Israel Post-doc fellowship
>>> Dept. of Chemistry, Building 211, Room no. 211
>>> Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, 5290002, ISRAEL
>>>
>>> Mobile: +91-9815988501 <098159%2088501> (India, watts app only)
>>> +972-584553434 <+972%2058-455-3434> (Israel number)
>>> --
>>> Thanks & Warm Regards
>>>
>>> ​
>>> Malkeet S. Bahia, PhD
>>> Post Doctoral Fellow at the lab of Prof. Hanoch Senderowitz
>>> PBC Indo-Israel Post-doc fellowship
>>> Dept. of Chemistry, Building 211, Room no. 211
>>> Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, 5290002, ISRAEL
>>>
>>> Mobile: +91-9815988501 <098159%2088501> (India, watts app only)
>>> +972-584553434 <+972%2058-455-3434> (Israel number)

Maciej S. Maciejczyk, PhD
Division of Physics and Biophysics
Faculty of Food Sciences
University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn
ul. Oczapowskiego 4
10-719 Olsztyn
Poland