Re: [AMBER] Regarding PLP and Lys parameter

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 08:06:58 -0500

On Thu, Mar 08, 2018, Aashish Bhatt wrote:

> Please guide me the issue regarding PLP and Lysine. I have tried tutorial
> sf.anu.edu.au/~vvv900/amber-tutorial/1cgh-nonstandard
> but am getting again error.

Three points:

1. You will probably have to contact the author (if possible), since this
is not a standard Amber tutorial. Note that this is an Amber9 tutorial,
and Amber9 was released in 2006, so it is not surprising that it may be
out of date.

2. You should not expect tutorials to be cookbook recipes, but rather as
guides to how to approach certain types of situations. A key aspect of
learning to use a complex set of codes like Amber is to be able to
troubleshoot problems, whether they are ones you make or ones found in a
tutorial. We never intentionally give advice that does not work, but
details in a tutorial can easily become outdated.

3. Specific questions give people on the list a chance to help. Vague
statements, such as "I am getting an error" will almost never elicit
useful help. In this case, it's not clear whether the error you are
getting with the above tutorial is related to your previous post from
March 3 or not.

...good luck....dac