Re: [AMBER] Amber16+AT17: Several checks failing w/Intel Parallel Studio XE 2018.1

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 12:10:39 -0500

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018, Patrice Peterson wrote:

> I'm trying to build Amber16+AT17 on CentOS 7.4.1708 with Intel Parallel Studio
> XE 2018.1.

Thanks for your detailed report. I'm not sure who on the Amber team is using
the 2018 version of Intel's compilers. I regularly test with the 2017 Intel
compilers -- not sure if you have tried those or not.

The newer compilers might indeed be exposing new problems with Amber, or they
might in fact have their own problems. We'll try to have someone look at
this, and to get our friends at Intel to contribute as well. But it's likely
to take some time to get resolution.

...regards...thanks again for the report....dac

p.s.: we know that IPS is a code path that is prone to giving problems. It
would be worth knowing if there are compiler options that seem to work for
everything but IPS.