[AMBER] Density equilibration

From: Thomas Exner <thomas.exner.uni-konstanz.de>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2018 16:21:47 +0100

Dear AMBER users:
I have a strange problem. I want to set up a simulation of a complex
between a big and a small molecule following standard procedures of
first a minimization, heating period and then relaxation of the density.
For the latter two steps, I use constraints on the backbone atoms.
Everything looks good and I get stable simulations but when I look at
the coordinates of the NPT simulation, I see that the two proteins are
moved relative to each other. If I align the proteins separately, each
show very small rmsds to the input but, due to the shift relative to
each other, the rmsd of the complex is much larger. Can somebody please
help me to avoid this effect? The input for the NPT simulation is below.
I don't know if this is relevant but I use the old sander from AMBER12.
Thank you very much.
Thomas

 molecular dynamics run
       &cntrl
          imin=0, irest=1, ntx=5,
          ntc=2, ntf=2,
          cut=9.0,
          nstlim=250000, dt=0.002,
          ntwe=500, ntwx=500, ntpr=500,
          ntt=1, tempi=100.0, temp0=300.0,
          tautp=1.0,
          ntb=2, ntp=1, pres0=1.0,
          ntr=1, restraint_wt=5.0
          restraintmask=':1-926.Ca,C,O,N',

       /

Dr. Thomas E. Exner
Theoretische Pharmazeutische Chemie & Biophysik
Lehrstuhl Pharmazeutische Chemie
Pharmazeutisches Institut
Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen
Auf der Morgenstelle 8 (Haus B)
72076 Tübingen
Germany
Tel.:    +49-(0)7071-2976969
Mobil:   +49-(0)171-3807485
Fax:     +49-(0)7071-295637
E-Mail:  Thomas.Exner[at]uni-tuebingen.de
Fachbereich Chemie  und Zukunftskolleg
Universität Konstanz
78457 Konstanz
Germany